Congratulations! You have selected to pursue a profession as a cosmetologist in Colorado – which signifies you will need to get your cosmetology licensing. This post outlines the methods you will need to take to legally practice cosmetology in the state of Colorado by obtaining your license for cosmetology.
3 Actions to Acquiring Your Cosmetology Licensing
- Get an education from a state licensed college of cosmetology.
- Earn your cosmetology certification.
- Take and pass the state board of cosmetology exams.
Step 1: Get an education from a state licensed college of cosmetology.
Getting a college of cosmetology in or close to your region of Colorado ought to be no challenge. Start off with an world wide web search which includes the name of the closest city close to you. Obtain every thing from specialized cosmetology schools to profession colleges, which function expert in-college cosmetology salons for hands-on coaching and knowledge that employers appear for.
Step 2: Earn your cosmetology certification.
After you have discovered your cosmetology college of decision, get to operate! Certification may possibly be significantly less than 15 months away. The following is a list of cosmetology certification and licensing specifications for Colorado.
Colorado State Board of Cosmetology Licensing Specifications
- Cosmetologist: 1800 (60 credits)
- Barber: 1500 (50 credits)
- Cosmetician: 600 (20 credits)
- Manicurist: 600 (20 credits)
- Hairstylist: 1200 (40 credits)
Step 3: Take and pass the state board of cosmetology exams for Colorado.
Now that you have checked off the very first two methods, it really is time to get in touch with the Colorado State Board of Cosmetology and get your cosmetology licence.
Applying on line for a Colorado license in cosmetology if you have under no circumstances had a license from any other state:
- Go to the Colorado State Board of Cosmetology for info and you will be rerouted to the Pearson Vue web site.
- At the Pearson Vue Internet site, download the application to apply for Colorado Licensure.
- Pick out the sensible abilities examination you are applying for, such as Cosmetology, fill in your licensure history and spend the essential exam charge of $75 and application charge of $30.
- Take and pass the sensible abilities examination
- Apply and spend a $30 charge for the written examination.
- Take the written examination.
- Acquire your Colorado Cosmetology License and be certified to operate as a cosmetologist in the state of Colorado.
Applying for a cosmetology license in Colorado if you currently have a license from one more state:
Colorado utilizes licensure by endorsement for anybody holding an active Cosmetology license issued by one more state.
- Apply for licensure by endorsement.
- Spend the essential charge.
- Present correct documentation.
- Fill out all the suitable eligibility types.